DAA Community Centre
In the fall of 2021, as we opened the doors to Dr. Anne Anderson High School, we also opened the Dr. Anne Anderson Community Centre. This project was initiated through discussions between our valued partners: Edmonton Public Schools, Government of Alberta, and the City of Edmonton following the announcement of the Heritage Valley High School by the Province.
Schools are central to creating vibrancy in communities. We have used an integrated design approach to group physical education and community recreation amenities. This cutting-edge partnership has many benefits:
- Enhanced access to world-class architecture, specialized spaces, and equipment for both high school students and community members
- Innovative opportunities to support physical, mental, and social well-being of high school students and community members
The building of our Dr. Anne Anderson Community Centre was supported by our Integrated Project Delivery Partners (IPD):
- Clark Builders (contractor)
- BR2 Architecture (architect)
- Priority Mechanical (mechanical contractor)
- D.A. Fox Engineering Ltd. (mechanical engineer)
- Canem Systems (electrical contractor)
- SMP Engineering Edmonton (electrical engineer)
- Collins Steel (steel contractor/designer)
- Protostatix Engineering Consultants (structural engineer)
- Kerr Interiors (drywall)
The Dr. Anne Anderson Community Centre has three gymnasiums, a 191 meter indoor running track, change rooms, fitness areas, wellness studios, and more. Details about access, hours of operation, and membership are available from the City of Edmonton. For more information on the DAACC, click here.
Click here to take a photographic tour of the Dr. Anne Anderson Community Centre while under construction.
Information on student memberships can be found here.
HERITAGE VALLEY DISTRICT PARK
Future work in the Heritage Valley will ensure that our indoor recreational amenities extend outdoors. In addition to our outdoor classroom/amphitheatre and tarmac, we are excited about the new fields, baseball diamonds, sliding hill, cultural/heritage garden, skate park, playground, public art plaza and court sport facilities. This is just a sampling of future amenities to support students and community members alike. For more information, click here.
Media stories featuring this unique partnership:
Take a virtual tour of the DAACC!