Our Dr. Anne Anderson students enrolled in special education programming will receive instruction determined by Alberta Education, as well as specialized supports based on their needs and abilities. Our new Interactions classroom has access to new technologies, recreational amenities and a full kitchen. To learn more about our program, please speak to your school's administration or contact us at email@example.com.
Interactions programming supports students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). ASD impacts how people understand what they see, hear and sense. This lifelong disability can result in difficulties in communication, social relationships, behaviour or learning. Although some students with ASD achieve at grade level, many have uneven or delayed achievement.
- Interactions General Information Video
- Interactions Information Video for Jr and Sr. High
- Interactions @ Dr. Anne Anderson High School Brochure
- Improve communication, social interaction and behaviour while developing academic skills
- Demonstrate growth in communication skills
- Demonstrate growth in building and maintaining relationships, and understanding social situations
- Demonstrate growth in managing frustration and problem-solving
- Improved ability to handle change or challenging emotions (e.g., anxiety)
- Development of life skills to support independent living and employment
- Structured environment with regular routines
- Smaller classes for more targeted instruction
- Visual aids, concrete examples and hands-on activities
- Frequent praise and other meaningful rewards to help students adopt positive behaviours and attitudes
- Opportunities to join other classes for integrated instruction in a student’s areas of strength
To be eligible for programming, students must be:
- 5 ½ to 19 years old on September 1
- Clinically diagnosed with ASD
- Demonstrating stereotyped behaviours, and have severe impairment in social interactions and communication
Contact Ms. Lindsay Babiuk for information about eligibility and special education programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Interactions will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.